The AdvoCare weight loss system recently took off online. Everywhere you look, health bloggers are writing about AdvoCare. Some of their before and after photos are quite impressive. But not everyone who tries the AdvoCare diet makes it through the full 24 day program. If you’re curious about AdvoCare but unsure if you want to stick with it for almost a month, you might want to try giving the AdvoCare 10 day challenge a shot.
What Is the AdvoCare 10 Day Challenge?
The 10 Day Challenge is essentially a beginner’s version of the full program. It’s almost the same as the real deal, but shorter. You won’t lose as much weight when you do the AdvoCare 10 day cleanse, but it will boost your energy level and make you feel healthier.
Once you successfully complete the 10 day challenge, you’ll be healthier and you’ll have more energy. You’ll also be psychologically ready to make the long term diet changes you’ll need to adopt if you want to keep on getting healthy.
Top 10 AdvoCare 10 Day Challenge Mistakes
- Not drinking enough water. Water is the key to the cleanse. If you don’t drink enough water during the 10 day cleansing period, you’ll not only fail to flush out toxins– you’ll also experience stronger and more frequent hunger pangs. Your body is 60 percent water. There’s no way to clean it out if you don’t consume lots of liquids.
- Sitting around too much. There’s really no point in going through the 10 day cleanse if all you do is sit on the couch and watch TV the whole time. Lack of movement causes your body to shift into hibernation mode. But if you move around, so do your insides. That’s why staying active is a key part of the cleanse.
- Not eating enough. Starving yourself also causes your body to slow down. The whole point of a cleanse is to restore normal body function. You can’t do that if your body isn’t getting the energy it needs.
- Eating too much. By the time the afternoon rolls around on your first day of the cleanse, you may be tempted to pig out on healthy food. But remember: too much of anything is bad for you. That’s why portion control is important. Stick with the recommended serving sizes and you won’t go wrong. If you still feel hungry after a meal, go for a walk to get your mind off of food.
- Giving in to dairy. There are so many dairy products out there. But don’t give in to temptation. Dairy products disrupt your stomach’s natural bacterial ecosystem. It’s important to stay away from milk, cheese, ice cream and other dairy products for the duration of the diet.
- Giving in to fried food. If you always eat fried chicken, you’re probably used to the way it tastes. You may not even know how to make chicken any other way. But once you figure out a few healthy cooking methods, it’ll be easier to kick the fried food habit.
- Giving in to bread. Giving up bread for 10 days is hard. If you want to sandwich for lunch, you can’t. Luckily, there are plenty of bread alternatives. Have you ever had a lettuce sandwich before? If not, you should give it a try. It’s crispy and yummy.
- Giving in to sugar. Sugar is everywhere. Even foods that don’t taste sweet often contain tons of sugar. But giving up sugar might be the single most important thing you can do to cleanse your body. In addition to helping you pile on pounds, sugar actually ages you. In a recent study, a group of scientists studied 600 different men and women. The subjects with high blood sugar levels looked older on average than the ones with low blood sugar levels. You’ve got to kick sugar if you want to cleanse.
- Giving in to alcohol. Alcohol slows your metabolism and reduces your willpower. One beer at a party easily leads to another. Before you know it, you’re snacking and piling on calories. There’s simply no way to get the toxins out of your system if your liver is busy cleaning alcohol out of your blood stream.
- Giving in to coffee. Yet another bad habit that’s hard to kick… even for just a few days. If you depend on coffee in the morning, you may find it hard to get going at first. Luckily, AdvoCare’s signature caffeine free energy drink Spark really works– and drinking one in the morning is all part of the plan.
Now That You Know What Not To Do….
Here’s what you should do. Follow these two key pieces of advice and you’ll be able to complete the 10 day cleanse program without falling off the wagon.
Fall in love with vegetables.
Vegetables are your friends. If you’re following the AdvoCare cleanse diet, you can use veggies to fill yourself up and reduce your hungercravings. Veggies are so good for you in so many ways. If you’ve convinced yourself that you hate vegetables, then it’s time to open your mind and try a few new foods.
Have you ever had hummus? Hummus is an Egyptian dip made out of mashed chickpeas and olive oil. Hummus goes great with all kinds of fresh vegetables, especially celery.
Don’t Expect Miracles. The path to better health is hard to follow. You’ll likely experience many ups and downs before you can say that you’ve created a healthier lifestyle for yourself. The AdvoCare 10 Day Challenge is just your first step toward better health. In order to make it all the way, you’ll have to work hard and stay focused.